Construction Coordinator Needed for 2018 Season
AmeriCorps Program: Construction / A Brush with Kindness Facilitator
AmeriCorps members are responsible for recruiting, supervising and/or training community volunteers for the HFH affiliate. These members enable HFH to engage more volunteers in its work with the end goal of providing safe, decent, affordable shelter to qualified families. These volunteers will create and preserve more affordable housing for Minnesotans thus increasing the availability of the affordable housing stock throughout the state.
Duration of Commitment:
Members commit to serving a minimum of 000 hours during the 00 week term of service (from -------------------).
We Look for Members Who:
- Are dedicated to the missions of AmeriCorps and Habitat for Humanity
- Are enthusiastic about joining a team that promotes the AmeriCorps ethic of service
- Are committed to addressing the area’s affordable housing crisis
- Are able to handle a high level of responsibility
- Possess the skills & experience pertinent to the AmeriCorps position for which they are applying
- A living allowance of $0,000.00 (before taxes) for the term of service
- $00 monthly cell phone allowance
- Health Insurance (This benefit is for AmeriCorps members only)
- Independence Day off
- AmeriCorps t-shirts
- Loan forbearance on most qualified student loans
- Interest accrued on qualifying student loans while serving in the program may be reimbursed by federal government
- Segal Education Award of $0,000.00 upon successful completion of program
Apply for the Summer Construction / ABWK Facilitator at the following link: GCHFH Summer AmeriCorps Construction / ABWK Facilitator
AmeriCorps is the Corporation for National and Community Service’s initiative to provide service opportunities for people of all ages and backgrounds. Since the first AmeriCorps member was sworn in on 9/12/94, Habitat for Humanity (HFH) affiliates have hosted AmeriCorps members to engage community volunteers and build, rehab & repair affordable housing.